Happy New Year from Fame Fad if you don’t follow us on Twitter. The latest behind the scenes news and a smattering of celebrity events that are on their way in January. A bit later than usual as a result of the Christmas and New Year Holidays.
Photo of the Month: December 2014: Kelly Brook arriving at the 2014 Cosmo Awards in Mayfair, London
Why this photo? Kelly is as good a reason as any to kick start 2015 and this photo seems to achieve that result.
Tanya Burr was a close second with this candid shot of her arriving at the British Fashion Awards standing in front of me doing her latest Vlog update and getting blitzed by flash from compact cameras. Slightly over exposed but has been left for it’s blingy look. Candids look to be the way forward in 2015. More on that later!
What’s hapening in January 2015? Here’s a list of a few events that are on during January 2015 including premieres and a couple of awards events. This is the tip of the iceberg as there are other things on. They are listed here for reference purposes only, but I personally may not be at these events but elsewhere such as the hotel or maybe but probably not the after party or another event.
Monday 5th January
Testament Of Youth Premiere
Empire Leicester Square , London
Starring: Alicia Vickander, Hayley Atwell, Kit Harington, Dominic West
Wednesday 7th January
Into the Woods
Curzon Mayfair, London
Starring: Anna Kendrick, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine
Monday 12th January
A Most Violent Year Premiere
Starring: Oscar Isaac, Jessica Chastain, David Oyelowo
Monday 19th January
Starring: Johnny Depp, Ewan McGregor, Gwyneth Paltrow
Wednesday 21st January
Kingsman: The Secret Service Premiere
Starring: Colin Firth, Michael Caine, Taron Egerton, Samuel L. Jackson
National Television Awards 2015 o2 arena 21 Jan 2015
London Critics Circle Film Awards 18 January 2015 Mayfair Hotel London
Fame Fad Behind The Scenes News: January 2015
As you may have noticed near the tail end of 2014 Fame Fad is gradually changing direction and moving away from premieres and huge crowd events although awards events will still be covered on this website. Here’s whats happening in January and beyond.
1. Increased Fashion Bias. More emphasis on fashion shots, fashion events, female stars including casual, smart and red carpet fashion. Male stars will still be covered but the more edgy types will be here such as the Brand’s, Pattinsons and other such types. I call them The Heart Throbs!
2. Candids. Increased emphasis on candid style shots such as the Tanya Burr shot above. These are incredibly hard to get and involve a lot of luck and incredible timing to get them but this is the way forward. The Fame Fad Candid Awards 2014 coming in the next couple of days will give you a taste of what is to come and probably better.
3. Video. Still in it’s formative stages but the new mobile I have recently acquired produces shockingly good HD video with matching sound. Trying to figure out how to shoot stills (photos) and video at the same time. Once that is figured out there should be some interesting footage in both formats which again I think is the way forward for this website and in general.
4. Smaller more intimate event coverage. Things like parties, charity galas and balls and other similar events can produce some great pictures and have a broad cross section of stars in attendance you don’t normally see on what I call “the circuit”. They tend to have a handful of paps in attendance instead of 20-30 you normally see.
5. Reduced coverage at ITV and BBC. Big names turning up at both these venues of course will be covered such as Rita Ora, Ariane Grande, Taylor Swift and other such names that arrived in 2014 but will be used more as a backup if I didn’t get them somewhere else. A lot of the stars lately have been leaving via back exits and using side doors or other such tricks which is not what you really want after waiting 2-3 hours! Reviewing the photos over the year especially the ITV shots they tend to not be as good as shots taken elsewhere with rather uninspring backdrops. BUT as said before if a big name is in town and I have had no luck elsewhere then I’m left with no choice but to go the ITV or BBC route.
6. Exclusives? Exclusive photos of celebrities? A laughable and very rare thing in London but something that is being looked into with new information sources recently acquired this could be a step closer to reality but when your face is known and you are waiting somewhere in Central London for a celebrity from a tip off it’s not long before 1 or 2 other paps turn up who text others and then you are surrounded by 15 or 20 and with you thinking “That’s that exclusive out the window”. Still in the experimental stage but watch this space!
7. Blog Posts: Blog posts could be making a come back in 2015 with a short few words on the latest update and a 600 x 800 or so px photo with a link to the gallery. Maybe a photo of the day similar to the photo of the month. Still being chewed over. Watch for further news!